Thursday, August 8, 2013

Waves



I hear your voice, ebbing and flowing. Sometimes your words are clear like the starlit sky. Sometimes they are inky-dark like the autumn ocean at high tide.

I dreamt of you, swimming with the current. Your smile beckoned whitely, your flesh gleaming wondrous as my name wet your lips.

I am powerless to resist as you call to me. No more than the sea can fend off the moon’s perigee can I muster the strength to pull away.

I cannot help myself, wading into the waves which held you aloft one time too few. Every joy I ever had was in your arms, and to that happy place I long to return.

I float beneath indifferent clouds, waiting for the moment when the heavens will part. Water then will wash away the susurrus veil that separates us, once and for all.
__________
Copyright © 2013 Femme Malheureuse 
Words: 141
Originally submitted to fan fic flash fic - Week 28
Photo prompt: origin unknown | Audio prompt: Gregory and the Hawk's Boats and Birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment